I honestly cannot believe that this little boy is now 2 years old!
Seriously when did he get so big?!
Cru's birthday was August 2nd. We had a fun day, and Nick was able to get it off of work. So we had fun going to Arctic Circle for lunch, and that night we had Nick's parents and his brother Jono, and his family over for Donuts (Cru isn't really a cake fan) and opened presents.
It was a fun, pretty easy-going day!
And now because it is his birthday and because I like to this,
here are 20 fun facts about Cru:
1. He is such a fun boy, he loves to do silly things and LOVES to play play PLAY
2. He is SO laid back, he almost never gets upset unless he is mad because Sophie won't quit touching him (which happens ALOT)
3. He has SO much ENERGY!!! Seriously this boy is non-stop ALL of the time!
4. Cru LOVES trucks, cars, planes, motorcycles, tractors, and pretty much anything with a motor.
|This was probably his favorite birthday gift, We got it from Nick's brother and fixed it so that it would run. He LOVES it!|
5. He is also really good at playing by himself, just give him a car or ball and he will entertain himself for hours!
6. Cru really likes to play basketball (well, his version) which is basically him throwing the ball into the hoop as many times as possible, and me or Nick cheering him on. Here is a little video to show you:
7. He also really enjoys playing catch, and he is surprisingly good at it, although he is much better at the throwing, than catching.
8. Cru is a great eater! Seriously, he pretty much eats anything, and that includes dirt and sand.. YUM!
9. He is getting much better at talking lately, and it's so cute to hear his little voice.
10. Cru really loves his blanket and is still pretty attached to the paci at bedtime, I need to kick that habit here pretty quick.
11. He LOVES LOVES LOVES his Daddy! He is a total "daddy's boy" and always wants to do what Nick is doing. He is always trying to be just like Nick. For example: Cru really likes to wear hats because Nick wears hats, and if they are together and Nick turns his hat backwards, you better believe Cru is going to flip his backwards too. SO CUTE!
13. He is a pretty good counter, and can count to about 13, sometimes he needs a little help though.
14. He has lately really started liking to sing, he loves singing te ABC's, Head Shoulders Knees and Toes and a recent favorite, Happy Birthday. It could be the fact that most of our birthdays are in August so its been sung alot lately.
15. Cru really loves being around other kids, even if he doesn't play directly with them, he likes to just have kids around. He loves going to Nursery on Sunday.
16. He is very much more physically active then Sophie ever was, he loves to climb, run, jump and any other forms of movement. If there is any way to get on top of something, he will find it, and do it! I have found him in many places, that I have no idea how he got to.
(Yes he got up there himself)
17. Some of Cru's favorite things to watch include: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and the movies "Cars" and "Planes", and "Frozen" (he can thank Sophie for that)
18.He really loves Sophie, and they are pretty funny together. He loves to make her laugh.
19. Cru is a very sweet little boy, and he is pretty sensitive also, and really hates when me or Nick get upset with him. Even if we just raise our voice at him, even if we aren't mad, he gets sad and will cry, so we really try not to do that.
20. Cru is ALL boy if you can't already tell from this list, and we love him sooooo much! I don't know what we would do without his sweet, fun little personality in our home. Happy Birthday little buddy!
Here are a couple more pictures and videos of Cru.
This is one of my ALL TIME favorite videos! I laugh everytime!